Hardwicke’s professional staff team consists of about 25 people who provide support and assistance to our barristers and our clients. Roles include Practice Management (including practice managers, fees and administration), Chambers Management (including Marketing, Finance, IT and front of house) and Hospitality.
We also operate a Temp Panel to cover various administrative roles and you can find details of how to apply below.
We work in an open plan office and the staff team ethos at Hardwicke promotes a friendly, respectful and team oriented atmosphere. We hope that people who join our staff team also share these values.
Hardwicke is committed to its staff. We have maintained gold accreditation by Investors in People; we are Stonewall Diversity Champions and also a London Living Wage employer.
- Marketing Executive – 1 year maternity leave contract
Salary £28,000 to £32,000 (depending on experience) (full time)
Hardwicke is a leading commercial barristers’ chambers based in London. We are looking for an exceptional and motivated individual to join our busy Marketing team, reporting to the Business Development & Marketing Director. This position is a one year contract starting immediately to cover a maternity leave absence.
The role requires a confident team player who also enjoys working on their own initiative. The successful candidate will be someone, ideally with a few years’ marketing experience, who wants to be part of a dynamic and progressive working environment.
This job is normally based in chambers near Holborn, however at present the successful candidate will need to be able to spend time working at home, in line with our Covid arrangements involving numbers of people in the office.
- Events planning, implementation and evaluation
- Digital marketing
- Website maintenance and improvement
- Assistance with member and practice profile development
- Market research and analysis
- Assistance with submissions for the legal directories
- Assistance with Hardwicke’s CSR and pro bono programme
- Assistance with Hardwicke’s training programme
For more information go to www.hardwicke.co.uk.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
For any queries, please speak to Linda McGivern 020 7242 2523.
CVs will not be considered.
Closing date: Noon on Monday 14 December 2020
Hardwicke is an equal opportunities employer and we particularly encourage applications from people who are underrepresented in the legal profession https://hardwicke.co.uk/about/equality-diversity-inclusion/.
- Temporary Staff Panel Vacancies
We have a panel of temporary staff that we can call upon at a moment’s notice in times when we are in need of emergency temporary cover, when there is a gap in personnel cover, or when there are discreet projects or jobs for people to do.
Jobs can include:
- General office work including post, moving papers, photocopying, and filing
- Fee collection and debt management
- Hospitality and event management assistance
- Reception cover
- Bookkeeping and finance administration
- Assisting barristers with tidying rooms and sorting case papers
- Barristers legal admin, research, speech writing, authorities etc.
- Personal assistance to barristers including filing, book keeping and sorting personal papers
- Removals and decorating
We are keen to ensure there is a fair, open and transparent process for the appointment of people to our panel, so that when they are called upon, they have already been through an equal opportunities process.
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from people under-represented in the legal profession and from returning parents who want to enjoy the flexibility of working occasionally and part time.
If you are interested in applying to our panel, please email email@example.com for an information pack, and selection criteria.
If you would like to speak to someone, please call Linda McGivern on +44 (0)20 7242 2523.