Hardwicke’s professional staff team consists of about 25 people who provide support and assistance to our barristers and our clients. Roles include Practice Management (including practice managers, fees and administration), Chambers Management (including Marketing, Finance, IT and front of house) and Hospitality.
We also operate a Temp Panel to cover various administrative roles and you can find details of how to apply below.
We work in an open plan office and the staff team ethos at Hardwicke promotes a friendly, respectful and team oriented atmosphere. We hope that people who join our staff team also share these values.
Hardwicke is committed to its staff. We have maintained gold accreditation by Investors in People; we are Stonewall Diversity Champions and also a London Living Wage employer.
- Hardwicke Construction Team Professional Legal Support Assistant – part time (3 days a week)
Salary range: £15,000 pa
Location: Lincoln’s Inn, London
For immediate start
Due to the expansion and continuing success of the Hardwicke Construction Dispute Resolution Team, the group are searching for a freelance Professional Legal Support Assistant. The main purpose of the role is to provide research and legal information support to our team of busy construction barristers.
Hardwicke is a leading Barristers’ Chambers in the heart of Lincoln’s Inn, and the members of the construction team are experts in all aspects of domestic and international construction dispute resolution, including arbitration.
Hardwicke is recommended as a leading Construction chambers by Chambers UK and Legal 500.
The remit of the role
The successful applicant will be required to assist the construction team and marketing team to undertake a range of tasks, including:
- Legal research
- Drafting articles for legal and industry publications
- Researching and drafting content for seminars and presentations
- Drafting website updates and newsletter content for members of the construction team
- Monitoring legal, commercial and industry developments and prepare briefings and know-how material for the team
- Assisting the Marketing Team in pitches, tenders and social media content
The successful applicant will be dynamic, hard-working and talented with a passion for delivering a high quality service, including:
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong legal and academic qualification
- Interest in commercial law and arbitration
For more information go to www.hardwicke.co.uk
To make an application, please email email@example.com sending a covering letter and CV setting out your skills and experience relating to the desired requirements of the role.
This position offers valuable experience of life in chambers and might attract someone who has completed the LPC or BTPC and is looking for a self-employed legally challenging experience.
Closing date: Noon on Sunday, 18th August 2019
- Temporary Staff Panel Vacancies
We have a panel of temporary staff that we can call upon at a moment’s notice in times when we are in need of emergency temporary cover, when there is a gap in personnel cover, or when there are discreet projects or jobs for people to do.
Jobs can include:
- General office work including post, moving papers, photocopying, and filing
- Fee collection and debt management
- Hospitality and event management assistance
- Reception cover
- Bookkeeping and finance administration
- Assisting barristers with tidying rooms and sorting case papers
- Barristers legal admin, research, speech writing, authorities etc.
- Personal assistance to barristers including filing, book keeping and sorting personal papers
- Removals and decorating
We are keen to ensure there is a fair, open and transparent process for the appointment of people to our panel, so that when they are called upon, they have already been through an equal opportunities process.
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from people under-represented in the legal profession and from returning parents who want to enjoy the flexibility of working occasionally and part time.
If you are interested in applying to our panel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack, and selection criteria.
If you would like to speak to someone, please call Linda McGivern on +44 (0)20 7242 2523.