Hardwicke’s professional staff team consists of about 25 people who provide support and assistance to our barristers and our clients. Roles include Practice Management (including practice managers, fees and administration), Chambers Management (including Marketing, Finance, IT and front of house) and Hospitality.
We also operate a Temp Panel to cover various administrative roles and you can find details of how to apply below.
We work in an open plan office and the staff team ethos at Hardwicke promotes a friendly, respectful and team oriented atmosphere. We hope that people who join our staff team also share these values.
Hardwicke is committed to its staff. We have maintained gold accreditation by Investors in People; we are Stonewall Diversity Champions and also a London Living Wage employer.
- Office Assistant
Salary starts at: £22,000
We are recruiting for an Office Assistant to join our Administration Team of 5 people. Hardwicke is a modern, established barristers’ chambers based in Lincoln’s Inn in Central London. The position offers an ideal opportunity for entry into practice management or other administrative roles in chambers.
We are looking for enthusiastic, service-driven people who enjoy being part of a team. Hardwicke is a dynamic, fast paced and friendly organisation and the staff team take a pride in delivering an excellent service to our barristers and clients.
The day to day role involves a varied range of administrative and office duties, including:
- Taking barristers’ papers to and from court as required
- Lodging papers/Orders/Skeleton Arguments and other case documents at Court
- Collecting and distributing incoming post and courier deliveries
- Sorting all outgoing post and parcels
- Arranging and logging domestic and international courier collections
- Photocopying volumes of materials for Court
- Carrying out general external messenger duties
- Setting up meeting rooms; moving furniture
- Providing administrative support for mediations
- Covering reception
- Helping out at Hardwicke events
- Other ad hoc office tasks
The skills required for this job include: good administrative skills, accuracy, determination, confidence, a good telephone manner, ability to work on your own and in a team, resilience, a pride in delivering a good service, enthusiasm, energy, good IT skills, a ‘can do’ attitude and a sense of humour.
Please note that this role is reasonably physical and entails a fair amount of lifting of boxes and pushing trolleys. Training on manual lifting will be provided.
We work in a supportive and friendly environment and provide training.
Benefits: 20 days’ holiday + statutory bank holidays. Interest free travel loan (after successful completion of probation) and 4% pension contribution after 3 months.
To register for an application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For any queries, please speak to Linda McGivern: +44 (0)20 7242 2523.
CVs will not be considered.
We require a minimum of 5 A-C grade GCSEs or equivalent. Applications from graduates encouraged, but not essential.
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 16 December 2018 | Interviews: week of Monday 17 December 2018
Hardwicke is an equal opportunities employer http://www.hardwicke.co.uk/about-us/equality-diversity.
- Temporary Staff Panel Vacancies
We have a panel of temporary staff that we can call upon at a moment’s notice in times when we are in need of emergency temporary cover, when there is a gap in personnel cover, or when there are discreet projects or jobs for people to do.
Jobs can include:
- General office work including post, moving papers, photocopying, and filing
- Fee collection and debt management
- Hospitality and event management assistance
- Reception cover
- Bookkeeping and finance administration
- Assisting barristers with tidying rooms and sorting case papers
- Barristers legal admin, research, speech writing, authorities etc.
- Personal assistance to barristers including filing, book keeping and sorting personal papers
- Removals and decorating
We are keen to ensure there is a fair, open and transparent process for the appointment of people to our panel, so that when they are called upon, they have already been through an equal opportunities process.
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from people under-represented in the legal profession and from returning parents who want to enjoy the flexibility of working occasionally and part time.
If you are interested in applying to our panel, please email email@example.com for an information pack, and selection criteria.
If you would like to speak to someone, please call Linda McGivern on +44 (0)20 7242 2523.