I would like to take the opportunity of the new Hardwicke website to reach out to our property contacts and say a few words about Hardwicke, what we do and how we do it with a particular focus on our property offering.
Hardwicke is known as a chambers of innovation and modernity, and one that focuses on client need – indeed it has won awards in that regard.
Our exciting new website supports those credentials. We want to portray all we do in a visually exciting way and, most importantly, enable you to find whatever information you might want easily and quickly. We hope that you will like the new layout.
An organisation is the sum of all its parts and Hardwicke is an example of excellence across the board. We are very proud of our capabilities and culture, our members and our staff. We do not just provide a superb legal offering and a client service second to none. We also look after our members and staff. We think about how we meet clients’ needs. We are always striving to improve and seek to encourage the very best to enter into the law and, more specifically, the Bar.
I am very proud of the Hardwicke team, and delighted that our new website launches the next phase of Hardwicke’s exciting future.
Areas of expertise
Hardwicke has eight main practice areas
- clinical negligence/personal injury
- commercial dispute resolution
- construction & engineering
- insolvency & restructuring
- private client
- professional liability and
You can find details of our expertise in each practice area by choosing from each practice area menu.
In addition, some members have expertise in specific, individual areas which can be found by searching the website for a particular area (eg costs litigation) and are also indicated on members’ profiles.
Property Work at Hardwicke
Real estate work is a very important part of Hardwicke’s offering, showcased in its own microsite. The 39 member strong team handles a variety of work including:
- Commercial Landlord & Tenant
- Housing – Social & Privately Rented
- Leasehold & Leasehold Management
- Professional Liability of Property Professionals
- Real Property & Mortgages
- Trusts of Land
The new website enables you to see which members practice in each of these areas, including their areas of call so that you can quickly identify who might be suitable for a particular matter.
Property Materials on the Hardwicke Website
- The property pages give you links to all the articles and events in which the team is and has been involved.
- The property team also circulates a regular and popular property newsletter.
- There are also round ups of specific legal areas by way of the Legal Soapbox. This has details of the property team’s work on the development of the law in relation to:
If you are not already receiving our property (or other) mailings, then you can sign up for these.
We believe that one of our strengths is our cross-disciplinary expertise and the new website showcases this in a number of ways:
- Each practice area has a tab entitled “You may also be interested in” enabling you to move quickly to other related areas (eg if you are looking at the Property page, you can use this tab to move quickly and easily to Insolvency & Restructuring).
- We use the “You may also be interested in” tab to demonstrate our expertise in areas which cut across several of our main areas of expertise, namely:
- We have an extensive events programme which looks to demonstrate our cross-disciplinary expertise. Insolvency work is a good example of where we have the ability to deal with a wide variety of client needs. We already have a very successful property/insolvency seminar programme and the coming year’s programme will cover employment/insolvency and construction/insolvency.
Alternative Dispute Resolution is big business these days. Hardwicke’s new website brings our expertise in this area centre stage with an entire section of the website dedicated as an ADR Hub.
Here we detail what we can offer in relation to:
Our services include our members acting as adjudicators, arbitrators, experts and mediators as well as counsel so the ADR Hub lists all those with these capabilities.
We can also offer excellent facilities for hosting those seeking a location for arbitrations and mediations.
Hardwicke is recognised as a leading chambers by Chambers UK/Legal 500 for Property/Real Estate Litigation and Social Housing with a large number of the team being individually recognised too.
Hardwicke is also recognised as a leading chambers in:
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Personal Injury
- Professional Liability including Professional Liability for Construction & Technology
You can see a details of all our recommendations here.
Our legal prowess has led to our winning awards, most recently:
- Chambers Bar Awards: Real Estate Silk of the Year – Brie Stevens-Hoare QC (2018)
- Chambers of the Year, British Legal Awards (2017)
- Legal 500 Awards: Construction Team of the Year (2017)
- Legal 500 Awards: Real Estate, Environment & Planning Silk of the Year – John de Waal QC (2017)
- Modern Law Awards – Highly Commended – Commercial Silk of the Year – Nigel Jones QC (2017)
Most searches of barrister websites relate to searches of the members. We have therefore given you various ways in which you can look either for a specific member or at those doing a particular area of practice.
We have rethought the presentation of profile information and provided you with easy access to whatever level of detail you require, including contact information.
This has led to a more obvious focus on all the excellent work we do in the CSR/pro bono sphere both as a chambers and individually. We know our clients consider this important and we do too.
Hardwicke understands that our clients are looking for more than legal advice:
- Client service: The legal directories acknowledge the strength of our client service and we won the Legal 500 Client Award for Communication & Innovation in 2018.
- Articles & Newsletters: Our members publish regularly in major publications. You can see the full list of our articles here. We also have a number of regular newsletters.
- Events: We have a diverse and very active seminar programme which is run internally at Hardwicke and externally for leading conference organisers such as Legal Business, CDR, R3 and AvMA as well as for individual client firms. We also have a highly regarded and busy seminar programme aimed specifically at junior lawyers – the J2J programme. You can see what we have been doing and what we have planned here.
- CSR/pro bono: Hardwicke’s business objectives carry a number relating to the importance of CSR and pro bono work. It is an area in which we believe passionately and have won award for, most recently The Apollo Project: Architect of Meritocracy Awards and the UK Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year (2016).
Our new Latest Thinking page on the website draws together all the latest articles and events.
Not forgetting GDPR...
At Hardwicke, we have embraced the new legislation to ensure that we comply and have used the opportunity to refresh our data base to enable us to present regular relevant content to clients. Our privacy notice appears not only on the website but also on all our mailings.
The new Contact us page gives you all the details you need as to how to get in touch.
We hope that you will let us know what you think of the new website and indeed our services.