26 Nov 2015 - , 00:00
Back by popular demand – the annual J2J property workshops!
- Part One: Residential Possession Proceedings – The essentials and the Deregulation Act 2015
- Part Two: Commercial Leases – The basics
As part of Hardwicke’s Junior to Junior (J2J) programme, our junior property barristers are offering two one-day workshops aimed at trainees and solicitors with 1-2 years’ PQE. The workshops are interactive sessions in small groups. Our aim is to address all of your niggling queries in relation to notices, service, which forms to use, costs etc, and, of course, anything else you wish to ask!
Part One of this seminar series will take place on 26 November 2015. Part Two will take place in early 2016, on a date to be confirmed.
Part One: Possession claims of residential properties – The basics and an update on the Deregulation Act 2015
08.45: Registration and breakfast
Meet Hardwicke’s Junior Property Team
09.30: The occupier’s interest
- An overview of different types of tenancies and other interests
- How to answer the question – what interest does the occupier have?
10.30: Workshops – Small group sessions
Delegates will be divided into three small groups to go cover the law and procedure in relation to:
- Section 21 notices and the Deregulation Bill 2015 – What does it mean for landlords and tenants?
- Grounds for possession – The similarities and the differences between statutory tenancies
- Other occupiers: Subtenants/licensors/trespassers – How to get possession and common pitfalls
11.30: Coffee break
14.00: Breakout small group sessions
The workshops continue.
15.00: Coffee break
15.30: Defences and tactics
- Potential defences and how to grapple with them
- Handy tactical tips from the Hardwicke team
16.30: The end
Q&A session and drinks