05 Jun 2019, 13:00 - 17:30
Hardwicke’s Junior Barrister Team are delighted to announce the details of their conference on Wednesday, 5 June 2019.
This half day is devoted to unravelling many of the complexities and issues arising in civil fraud claims. The full programme can be viewed below.
Speakers will include David Lewis QC, Frederico Singarajah, Laurence Page, Aileen McErlean, Oliver Hyams, Ryan Hocking and Rajiv Bhatt.
Please register your interest by emailing email@example.com. We will be in touch to confirm places in due course.
||Key issues arising in cross-border commercial fraud
- Matters to consider before bringing a cross-border commercial fraud claim: conflict of laws, obtaining information about assets and asset preservation, including worldwide freezing injunctions and proprietary injunctions.
- Issues arising when acting for clients who are the subject of proprietary injunctions.
||The nature of “fraud”
- The wide variety of causes of action which fraud claims may encompass.
- Expert evidence of foreign law and dealing with limitation periods in foreign law.
- Enforcement of judgments in foreign jurisdictions.
- The practical issues associated with pleading fraud and give some hints and tips for running a fraud claim in practice.
||Maximising recovery: tools available to identify, trace, and preserve assets and the interaction between personal and proprietary remedies
||Networking and drinks