21 Feb 2013 - , 00:00
Hardwicke’s junior barristers are providing a one hour breakfast workshop to junior solicitors and trainees on adjudication and enforcement of adjudicators’ awards.
The workshop will provide a refresher on the applicable statutes and the adjudication procedure under the Statutory Scheme, as well as practical tips and guidance on how to get the most out of adjudication. We will also provide an overview of the procedure in the TCC for enforcement of adjudicators’ awards and discuss some of the grounds available for resisting enforcement in the event the adjudicator’s decision does not favour your client.
In summary, the topics covered will include:
- What is adjudication and when does the right to adjudicate arise?
- An overview of the relevant provisions of the HGCRA and the LDLDCA
- The adjudication procedure under the Statutory Scheme
- The powers of the adjudicator
- Enforcement of an adjudicator’s award
- Challenges to enforcement
- Adjudication round-up: Recent cases, trends and the future of adjudication
- Tactical tips on using the adjudication procedure to your advantage
The workshop will be presented by Catherine Piercy, Helena White and Brenna Conroy who are all members of the Hardwicke Construction Team.