28 Nov 2018, All day
Gordon Exall is speaking at the forthcoming APIL one day conference – Fatal Accidents: Law, practice, procedure and compassion.
This one day course will take you through every element of a fatal accident claim, with particular emphasis on the compassionate handling of bereaved families and careful client care.
The course will cover:
- The law in relation to liability and causation
- Investigating the claim, liability, damages and the inquest
- Funding the claim – who is the client?
– retainers, drafting them and getting the correct party correctly identified
- Who is a dependant?
- Valuing the dependency claim
- Non-dependency claims
- Bereavement damages
- Losses of the deceased prior to death
- Damages for injuries to another arising out of the death
You can find details on the APIL website.