03 Dec 2015, All day
** Please note that this seminar is now fully subscribed. You are welcome to sign up – we will add you to our reserve list, and may repeat this seminar at a future date **
The law relating to damages is a highly specialised area of practice and everyone involved in a fatal case benefits from a detailed knowledge of the relevant law and practice.
In this Masterclass, we look at the central issues relating to fatal accident damages. Topics to be covered include:
- Damages on behalf of the estate.
- Fatal Accident Act damages including the growing importance of non-financial claims.
- Who is a dependant?
- Who can claim bereavement damages?
- The relevant multipliers (and will this change).
- Damages for pain and suffering prior to death.
- Damages for reduced life expectancy.
- Claims for psychiatric injury to others after a death.
The Masterclass is highly practical and will include a number of useful checklists, questionnaires and draft schedules.
Who should attend?
This will be of interest to:
- Claimant and defendant solicitors who need a detailed knowledge of the law and practice in this area.
- Insurers and anyone in the insurance industry who deals with fatal cases.
- Care experts who, increasingly, are being asked to report in relation to dependency claims.