15 May 2013 - , 00:00
With the implications of the Localism Act and provisions for tenancy reform now in force, Capita Conferences Delivering Housing Allocations and Flexible Tenancies Event coincides with local authorities delivering their new tenancy strategies and implementing new approaches to housing allocations, including fixed term tenancies, meeting new succession rights and implementing the affordable rent model.
For social landlords who are embracing flexible tenure, there is a fundamental focus on consulting on tenancy strategies and policies, setting out how this applies to their own housing stock, before putting this into practice. This conference is designed to address the practical implications of tenancy reform for both local authorities and housing providers, allowing you to benefit from emerging findings and early outcomes from practitioners who are leading the way in transforming their allocation policies and implementing tenancy reforms.
Key areas of focus include:
- Managing welfare reform changes and preparing for the housing benefit size criteria
- Establishing changes in demand and reviewing allocation policies accordingly
- Carrying out the tenancy review process and ensuring flexible tenure
- Adapting stock to accommodate affordable rent, fixed term tenancies and ensuring the right to review
- Increasing the potential for mobility to combat issues of under occupancy and overcrowding.
For more information and to register for this event, please visit the Capita Conferences website.