15 Oct 2014 - , 00:00
** Please note that this seminar is now fully subscribed. You are welcome to sign up – we will add you to our reserve list, and may repeat this seminar at a future date **
PJ Kirby QC will consider costs budgeting in commercial cases including the preparation of budgets and persuading a court to depart from a budget.
PJ is a commercial silk who is also recognised in the directories as an expert in costs law.
The seminar will cover:
- Costs budgeting – The Jackson theory
- Costs management and commercial cases including claims in the Commercial Court
- Costs Management Orders (CMOs):
- What are CMOs?
- The story so far
- Who should prepare a costs budget?
- The effect of the greed/approved budget
- Getting it right the first time and how to revise/amend budgets before trial
- Departing from the budget:
- The role of the costs judge
- What may amount to a good reason?
- Not good reasons?
- Avoiding this issue
- What is the position in relation to indemnity costs?
- Dealing with the unexpected