27 Jun 2013 - , 00:00
The Property Chamber of the First-tier Tribunal is coming into existence on 1 July 2013 and will encompass what are currently:
- The Adjudicator to HM Land Registry
- The Residential Property Tribunals
- The Leasehold Valuation Tribunals
- The Rent Tribunals
- The Rent Assessment Committees
- The Agricultural Land Tribunals
Like it or not, it will become the court of first instance in many property disputes.
The, snappily entitled, Tribunal Procedure (First-tier Tribunal) (Property Chamber) Rules 2013 have finally been published, as have the amendments to Tribunal Procedure (Upper Tribunal) (Lands Chamber) Rules 2010.
Peter Petts, who formulated the consultation response on behalf of the Property Litigation and the Property Bar Associations, will be leading seminars on procedure in the Property Chamber.