Tim is ideally qualified for the role of arbitrator being a highly experienced advocate who followed an extremely successful civil law practice as a QC (2 years of which was as head of chambers at 12 King’s Bench Walk) with 12 years’ experience as a Circuit Judge.
His legal experience relates to insurance, construction, professional negligence (in particular architects, engineers, surveyors, valuers and accountants), highways, sale of goods and personal injury.
As a barrister, he appeared in substantial arbitrations including a large international arbitration involving the docks in Dubai. He also dealt with other dispute resolution procedures akin to arbitration such as a Lands Tribunal reference where he successfully argued that a major landslide at Bolsover was caused by coal mining subsidence.
- 1982 – 1985: Elected member of the Bar Council
- 1985: Appointed Assistant Recorder
- 1989: Appointed QC and Recorder
- 1998: Elected a bencher of Gray’s Inn
- 2000: Appointed Circuit Judge
- 2006 – 2013: President of the SE London branch of the Magistrates Association
- 2013 – 2015 Chair of Lex Anglo-Brasil
- LCIA member