Steven is first and foremost a Property Lawyer. However in recent years his commercial practice has developed significantly, particularly having regards to Professional Negligence and Partnership Law, having recently succeeded in the Court of Appeal in the case of Cheema v Jones & Others  EWCA Civ 1706.
Steven has many reported cases in the Court of Appeal, High Court, Upper Tribunal but still ranks his visit to the House of Lords in the case of London Borough of Tower Hamlets v Begum as the highlight of his professional career.
Cases in which he has been involved have frequently been reported in the Legal Action Group (LAG) journal, Family Law Reporter, Times Law Reports, New Law Journal, and Family Law Cases.
Steven was formerly Chair of Governors of the secondary Jewish Free School.
- London Borough of Bromley v Persons Unknown & London Gypsies and Travellers  EWCA 12
- Hillingdon London Borough Council v Persons Unknown & Others  EWHC 2153
- London Borough of Sutton v (1) Persons Unknown Occupying Land and (2) Persons Unknown Depositing Waste  11 WLUK 819
- Naresh Bhatija v Lloyds TSB Bank PLC  EWHC 4092 (Ch)
A claim in negligence against a Bank for failing to honour a direct debit.
- Charlie Properties Ltd v (1) Risetall Ltd (2) Warmhaze Ltd  EWHC 4057
A claim relating to trespass over a right of way and land.
- Eastleigh Borough Council v (1) Secretary of State for Communities & Local Government (2) Taylor Wimpey UK Ltd  EWHC 4225 (Admin)
An appeal against the decision of a Planning Inspector.
- Re Davie’s Application  UKUT 462
- Cheema v Jones  EWCA Civ 1706
Commercial Landlord & Tenant
Real Property & Mortgages
Leasehold & Leasehold Management
- Property Law Bar Association
- Bar Sports Law Group
- London Common Law Bar Association