His knowledge of the law is excellent and he has a pragmatic, commercial approach
He is technically sound, ensures he is fully prepared and is incredibly pragmatic
Robin is a specialist in costs and litigation funding. He has focused on this complex area of law since qualification and is recommended for costs litigation in both Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
As well as his inter-partes practice Robin is a specialist in solicitor and client disputes and has been instructed in many of the leading cases dealing with this specialist area of costs law. In 2018 Robin’s book “A Practical Guide to Solicitor and Client Costs” was published, with an updated second edition released in August 2020.
He also acts in professional negligence claims involving solicitors, particularly where the dispute involves issues relating to costs.
Prior to independent practice, he was an employed barrister and partner in a City of London firm of solicitors.
In addition to his practice at the bar, he sits as a Tribunal Judge in the First Tier Tribunal (HESC).
Robin prides himself on combining a friendly manner with a commercially astute approach
- One of the few genuine costs specialists at the Bar – an assured and practical approach combined with excellent client service and an in-depth knowledge (Client)
- A very skilled advocate and his knowledge of costs law and procedure is very impressive (Client)
- He has a pragmatic and commercial approach (Client)
Robin is recommended for Costs Litigation by Legal 500 and Chambers UK.
“Does a hell of a lot of costs work” and “can handle sensitive and time-pressured instructions.” (Chambers UK)
“Has a thumping costs practice.” (Legal 500)
“He is technically sound, ensures he is fully prepared and is incredibly pragmatic.” (Legal 500)
- Essential Guide to Civil Costs & Litigation Funding
- A Practical Guide to Solicitor and Client Care Costs
- BA (Hons) University of London
- PG Dip Law, City University
- BVC, Inns of Court School of Law
- Mediator, CIArb
- Judge of the First Tier Tribunal