Priya commenced Pupillage in October 2018 and is currently being supervised by Sarah McCann. She is seeking to develop a practice in the fields of Commercial, Construction, Professional Negligence and Property Law.
Prior to commencing Pupillage, Priya obtained experience as a county court advocate, appearing in hearings for mortgage possession, landlord and tenant matters, consumer credit, charging orders, applications to set aside judgments, orders for sale and small claims hearings.
Priya also worked as Judicial Assistant to Rt. Hon. Lord Justice Hamblen. During her time at the Court of Appeal, Priya gained valuable insight into the appeals process. In particular, she worked on cases in a vast range of areas, including construction, commercial, planning and professional negligence.
Priya has also volunteered for various organisations, including the Bar Pro Bono Unit and Islington Law Centre.
Outside of law, Priya enjoys tennis, yoga and travelling.
- LLB, First Class Honours (King’s College, London)
- LLM, Distinction (King’s College, London)
- BPTC, Outstanding (BPP Law School, Holborn)
- ADR-ODR International accredited Civil Commercial Mediator
Awards and achievements
- Cholmeley Studentship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Buchanan Prize (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Marchant BPTC Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Hardwicke Entrance Award (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Publication of ‘A Critical Examination of the Impact of Section 172 of the Companies Act 2006’ in the Student Journal of Law, Issue 4 (2012)
- Gujarati (Proficient)