Priya commenced pupillage in October 2018 and is building experience across all of Chambers’ main areas of practice, with a particular interest in Property Law, Commercial Dispute Resolution and Professional Liability.
Prior to commencing pupillage, Priya obtained experience as a county court advocate, and has appeared in hearings for mortgage possession, landlord and tenant matters, consumer credit, charging orders, applications to set aside judgments, orders for sale and small claims trials.
Priya also worked as Judicial Assistant to Rt. Hon. Lord Justice Hamblen. During her time at the Court of Appeal, Priya gained valuable insight into the appeals process and was involved in numerous high-profile cases, including Burgess v Lejonvarn  EWCA Civ 254, which is a significant authority on the liability of those providing professional services.
Priya has experience with drafting and providing advice both at the Bar and as a result of her voluntary work for Advocate and Islington Law Centre.
Outside of law, Priya enjoys tennis, yoga and travelling.
Real Property & Mortgages
Commercial Dispute Resolution
Property & Construction Professionals
- LLB, First Class Honours (King’s College, London)
- LLM, Distinction (King’s College, London)
- BPTC, Outstanding (BPP Law School, Holborn)
- ADR-ODR International accredited Civil Commercial Mediator
Awards and achievements
- Cholmeley Studentship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Buchanan Prize (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Marchant BPTC Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Hardwicke Entrance Award (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Publication of ‘A Critical Examination of the Impact of Section 172 of the Companies Act 2006’ in the Student Journal of Law, Issue 4 (2012)
- Gujarati (Proficient)
Priya has volunteered for various organisations, including:
- Advocate, as a casework intern
- Islington Law Centre, in the Debt and Consumer team