PJ has acted as mediator in a significant number of mediations since qualifying as a mediator in 2015 and has been involved for many years in mediation as an advocate.
PJ normally acts as a facilitative mediator but is prepared, with the agreement of the parties, to proceed on an evaluative basis either throughout or at any point when the parties agree that it would be helpful for him to do so.
PJ’s commercial background makes him very suitable for contractual, professional negligence, shareholder and employment disputes. PJ is one of the panel mediators for Costs ADR in relation to specialist costs mediations.
PJ has successfully mediated disputes involving government departments, foreign governmental authorities, solicitors as well as companies and individuals.
Mediations are by their nature confidential. PJ would be very happy to discuss with you any proposed appointment as mediator.
Hardwicke offers excellent mediation facilities but PJ is very happy to attend mediations at any location of the parties’ choosing. PJ is also experienced in conducting mediations remotely.
You can find more details of his general experience in his main profile.
PJ is recommended for Costs Litigation in both Chambers UK and Legal 500. He is also recommended for Commercial Dispute Resolution in Chambers UK and Chambers Global:
- “Thorough, great with clients and a real team player.” (Chambers UK)
- “A pleasure to work with and highly knowledgeable.” “He offers something extra as he brings in experience of the commercial litigation arena.” (Chambers UK)
- “As an advocate, he is clear in his arguments and very well prepared,” and “always takes a pragmatic and commercial approach to his cases.” (Chambers UK)
- “A good, pragmatic and commercial QC.He’s an expert in his field who’s responsive and very personable.” (Chambers UK)
- “A calming influence, who is very confident and presents extremely well; he absolutely wiped the floor with the other side. Thorough and great with clients, and a real team player.” (Chambers UK)
- “Very thorough and eloquent and has a very client-friendly manner.” (Chambers UK)
- “Great knowledge in relation to complex cross-border, multi-party-funded litigation.” (Legal 500)
- Recommended for his specialist knowledge of costs, attention to detail and decisiveness. ’ (Legal 500)
- “Has a good academic and commercial blend in relation to costs issues.” (Legal 500)
- “A clear costs specialist, who is knowledgeable, commercial and prepared to go the extra mile.” (Legal 500)
- “Great with clients, he is a real team player.” (Chambers UK)
- “Provides excellent strategic and legal advice.” (Chambers UK)
- “…he absolutely wiped the floor with the other side.” (Chambers UK)
- “An excellent advocate who can come up with novel arguments.” (Chambers UK)
- Employment Law Bar Association
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Commercial Bar Association
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- London Court of International Arbitration
- British Insurance Law Association
- L.B. (Hons)
- Former Solicitor
- Deputy District Judge
- Barrister Assessor on High Court Cost Appeals
- ADR Group Accredited Civil & Commercial Mediator
- Costs ADR (CADR) panel of mediators
PJ’s annual pop up restaurant in aid of the BillableHour appeal for Save the Children has raised thousands of pounds and attracted widespread press coverage.
In his local community in South London PJ has been involved in youth work for well over 30 years. He has also had instrumental roles in the establishment of a community centre, a community flat and the redevelopment of a local park.