He’s excellent: very commercial and good with clients
He is a noted advocate, fierce when he needs to be and clients like him as well
He has an excellent breadth of knowledge and a hands-on approach
The one solicitors want to instruct
Forensic in his approach and gets to the heart of the case very quickly
Excellent with clients - he is personable, clear and speaks with authority
He has a fantastic courtroom presence
Paul is widely considered a leading junior at the top of his game and is the first port of call for most solicitors in his areas of expertise. He is a noted litigator and revered as a master-tactician whose strong and wide-ranging commercial practice has a particular focus on shareholder and partnership disputes, franchise disputes, claims relating to directors and employment-related litigation.
His keen intellect combined with his robust tactics has served to earn Paul a highly impressive list of clients as well as appearing in many leading Court of Appeal cases as sole counsel within the last 12 months. Equally at home being led or appearing on his own, often against much more senior opposition, Paul regularly deals with multi-million pound litigation for multi-nationals and public organisations as well as individuals.
Paul is often praised by the judges who he appears in front of, and his opponents whom he is against, for his advocacy. “A noted advocate, fierce when he needs to be and clients like him as well”, he “impresses with his forthright advice and clarity of expression” and is recommended in the legal directories “for his preparation, client care and advocacy”. He is incredibly user-friendly and is particularly known for his expertise with figures which makes him ideally suited for complex financial claims.
He is recommended as a leading junior for his employment work in both Chambers UK and Legal 500.
Paul is a keen rugby fan and triathlete. He also sits as a Deputy District Judge.
Employment & Executive Disputes
Paul is recommended in Chambers UK and Legal 500 for Employment. The directories note:
- “Forensic in his approach and gets to the heart of a case very quickly. Paul is excellent with clients – he is personable, clear and speaks with authority.” (Legal 500)
- “He’s excellent: very commercial and good with clients.” (Chambers UK)
- “He has a fantastic courtroom presence.” (Chambers UK)
- “Very quick to get to the heart of a dispute and is known for his exceptional written work.” (Legal 500)
- “He has an excellent breadth of knowledge and a hands-on approach.” (Legal 500)
- “A tenacious advocate” (Legal 500)
- “Recommended for his preparation, client care, and advocacy.” (Legal 500)
- “He really fights for his clients, who feel a sense of relief when they have him on their side.” (Legal 500)
- Deputy District Judge (since 2019)
- LLB (Hons) Admiralty Law; Southampton University (top of year in admiralty final exam)
- BVC at the College of Law (London)
- Sir Thomas More scholar of Lincoln’s Inn