Miguel joined Hardwicke in January 2021 after a pupillage focussed on a broad range of commercial work. He is building a practice across various areas of commercial law, focussing chiefly on commercial dispute resolution, insurance and reinsurance, civil fraud, and more general commercial disputes. He has experience appearing before Tribunals as part of the Free Representation Unit and has gained substantial experience mooting at an international level. Prior to joining Hardwicke, Miguel spent three months as a Judicial Assistant in the Commercial Court.
Before he became a barrister, Miguel lived and worked in Germany and Japan. He has a keen interest in Japanese language and culture and has passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT N3).
Commercial Dispute Resolution
Shipping & International Trade
- BA, German, First Class (Keble College, Oxford)
- GDL, Distinction (City Law School)
- BPTC, Very Competent (City Law School)
Scholarships, Awards & Prizes
- Major Scholarship BPTC Award (Inner Temple)
- Major Scholarship GDL Award (Inner Temple)
- Keble Scholarship (Keble College, Oxford)
- Winner of the European Law Moot Court Competition (ELMC), 2017
- Winner of Telders International Law Moot National (UK) Finals, 2018
- English (native)
- Spanish (native)
- German (near-native fluency)
Miguel has a working knowledge of all three languages and can accept instructions in these languages.