Michael is interested in gaining as wide as experience as possible across all of Hardwicke’s practice areas. He has a particular interest in commercial, private client and insurance related work. He gained experience before joining Hardwicke as an advocate in the County Court, appearing in a variety of mortgage possession, bankruptcy, landlord and tenant, infant settlement and consumer credit hearings among other general civil applications.
Michael studied Mandarin Chinese for a year in Beijing and recently returned to China to refresh his Mandarin skills. He is looking forward to making use of Mandarin in his legal practice.
Outside of work, Michael enjoys riding motorcycles, boxing, diving and languages.
- BA English Literature, University College London (First Class)
- MA Medieval Literature, University College London (Merit)
- Graduate Diploma in Law, University of Law (Commendation)
- Bar Professional Training Course, University of Law (Very Competent)
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Provost’s Award for Excellence, University of Law
- Finalist, University of Law Negotiation Competition
University College London
- Four Departmental Commendations for outstanding academic performance over three years, voted for by faculty Professors
- Sports Colours for representing UCL at varsity level on two occasions at cruiserweight (84kg) (Muay Thai Kickboxing)
- President (2011), Head of Training (2012) and Head of Equipment/Finance (2010) of UCL Muay Thai Kickboxing society
- Mandarin Chinese – intermediate/advanced (spoken), intermediate (written/read). Completed HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi) Chinese Language Level examinations: HSK 1, HSK 3 and HSK 4.
- French: conversational