Very efficient in meeting particularly tight deadlines
Easily approachable and very thorough
Michael is developing a broad commercial practice in line with Chambers’ profile, with an emphasis on commercial dispute resolution, insurance, insolvency, private client and property work. He is also accepts instructions in construction matters.
He has been described by instructing solicitors as an ‘easily approachable’ and ‘very thorough’ advocate who is ‘very efficient in meeting particularly tight deadlines’.
Before joining Hardwicke, Michael worked as an advocate in the County Court, appearing in a variety of general civil, bankruptcy, property, consumer credit and personal injury hearings.
Michael previously studied Mandarin Chinese for a year in Beijing and recently returned to China to refresh his Mandarin skills. He intends to make use of Mandarin in his legal practice.
Outside of work, Michael enjoys riding motorcycles, boxing, diving and languages.
Commercial Dispute Resolution
Insolvency & Restructuring
Construction & Engineering
- BA English Literature, University College London (First Class)
- MA Medieval Literature, University College London (Merit)
- Graduate Diploma in Law, University of Law (Commendation)
- Bar Professional Training Course, University of Law (Very Competent)
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Provost’s Award for Excellence, University of Law
- Finalist, University of Law Negotiation Competition
University College London
- Four Departmental Commendations for outstanding academic performance over three years, voted for by faculty Professors
- Sports Colours for representing UCL at varsity level on two occasions at cruiserweight (84kg) (Muay Thai Kickboxing)
- President (2011), Head of Training (2012) and Head of Equipment/Finance (2010) of UCL Muay Thai Kickboxing society
- Mandarin Chinese – intermediate/advanced (spoken), intermediate (written/read). Completed HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi) Chinese Language Level examinations: HSK 1, HSK 3 and HSK 4.
- French: conversational