For his year of call, he punches way above his weight. He will be a QC one day and is going to be a real star.
He is very thorough, confident in argument and unfazed by much more senior opposition.
Committed and hard working. Very bright and knowledgeable about construction matters. Easy to work with.
Louis specialises in construction and commercial disputes, including insurance coverage issues, as well as property damage and Party Wall Act matters. He is ranked as a “rising star” by Legal 500 in both construction and professional negligence.
Louis regularly appears in the High Court and in the County Courts. Louis acts for a wide range of clients including, within the construction industry, employers, contractors, site-owners, developers, and construction professionals.
Louis has extensive experience of ADR, in particular in numerous construction adjudications, and also in arbitration and mediation.
He is also frequently instructed to advise and draft pleadings and pre-action correspondence in construction and commercial litigation, ranging from relatively modest residential matters to multi-million pound disputes.
Louis’ recent instructions include:
- Instructions to advise as junior counsel with Paul Reed QC on insurance cover for a billion pound claim for business interruption loss arising from the Covid-19 pandemic;
- Instructions from Kennedys to act as junior counsel on a multi-million pound arbitration concerning structural engineer’s negligence; and
- Instructions from Beale and Co to act as sole counsel for the Defendant in a £700,000 surveyor’s negligence claim.
Professional Liability Construction Professionals
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Companies, Joint Ventures & Partnerships
Louis is ranked as a rising star for construction and professional negligence in the latest edition of the Legal 500:
- “He is very thorough, confident in argument and unfazed by much more senior opposition.”
- “For his year of call, he punches way above his weight. He will be a QC one day and is going to be a real star.”
- Lincoln’s Inn
Contributor to Construction Professional Indemnity Insurance, and the upcoming publication Risk and Negligence in Property Transactions.
- BPTC (Very Competent) – City Law School
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction) – City Law School
- MA Modern Literary Theory (Distinction) – Goldsmiths College London
- BA Comparative Literature (First) – King’s College London
- Lord Denning Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Lord Haldane Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Equity & Trusts Research Prize Shortlist (City Law School)
- Dean’s Award (King’s College London)