Committed and hard working. Very bright and knowledgeable about construction matters. Easy to work with.
Louis specialises in construction and commercial disputes, as well as property damage and Party Wall Act matters.
Louis regularly appears in the High Court, both in the Rolls Building and District Registries, and in the County Courts. Louis acts for a wide range of clients including, within the construction industry, employers, contractors, site-owners, developers, and construction professionals.
Louis has extensive experience of ADR, in particular in numerous construction adjudications, and also in arbitration and mediation.
He is also frequently instructed to advise and draft pleadings and pre-action correspondence in construction and commercial litigation, ranging from relatively modest residential matters to multi-million pound disputes.
Louis recently appeared for the Claimant in the High Court in MI Electrical v Elements  EWHC 1472 (TCC) and published a well-received article on the Uncertainties after Grove v S&T. Louis has contributed chapters to Construction Professional Indemnity Insurance, published by Sweet & Maxwell, and Risk and Negligence in Property Transactions, published by the Law Society.
Professional Liability Construction Professionals
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Companies, Joint Ventures & Partnerships
- Lincoln’s Inn
Contributor to Construction Professional Indemnity Insurance, and the upcoming publication Risk and Negligence in Property Transactions.
- BPTC (Very Competent) – City Law School
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction) – City Law School
- MA Modern Literary Theory (Distinction) – Goldsmiths College London
- BA Comparative Literature (First) – King’s College London
- Lord Denning Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Lord Haldane Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Equity & Trusts Research Prize Shortlist (City Law School)
- Dean’s Award (King’s College London)