technically excellent, commercially astute and ruthless in court
Lina is a specialist property practitioner who is widely recognised as an excellent trial advocate and for her common sense commercial advice.
Lina practises in the full range of property disputes, including commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes, easements, restrictive covenants, adverse possession, and land registration. She has particular expertise in commercial property disputes, including development and joint venture agreements. She also acts in professional negligence claims involving property transactions.
She is regularly instructed in High Court, Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber), FTT Property Chamber, and County Court hearings as well as a junior to leading counsel in the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal. She also frequently represents clients at mediations and other forms of ADR.
Lina writes “Did you miss”, the monthly update on recent case law in Hardwicke’s property team newsletter.
In her spare time Lina enjoys hiking, diving and a Sunday roast with her family and friends in the pub.
Commercial Landlord & Tenant
Development & Planning
Leasehold & Leasehold Management
Real Property & Mortgages
Banking & Finance
Lina is recommended for Property Litigation by Legal 500 which says she is: “technically excellent, commercially astute and ruthless in court” (Legal 500).
Contributor to Law Society’s publication “Risk and Negligence in Property Transactions”, Editor John de Waal QC, published in late September 2018.
- LLB (European Legal Studies) Hons, Lancaster University, Lancaster, First Class (2004-2008)
- Erasmus – Socrates, University of Seville, Spain, First Class with special mention (2006-2007)
- Master of Laws, London School of Economics, London, Merit (2008-2009)
- Bar Vocational Course, College of Law, London, Very Competent (2009-2010)
- 2009 Sir Thomas More Bursary
- 2008 Hardwicke Scholarship
- 2007 – 2008 F H Lawson Prize
- 2006 – 2007 Hart Publishing Prize
- 2004 – 2005 Sweet and Maxwell Law Prize