Lesley became a CEDR Accredited Mediator in 2000 and has undertaken many mediations mainly in relation to commercial disputes.
Her style is at the evaluative end of the spectrum. She also undertakes many mediations as counsel.
- Acting as mediator on partnership dispute.
- Acting as mediator in dispute on insurance policy.
- Acting as mediator in relation to tax advice scheme.
- Acting as mediator in connection with claim for breach of fiduciary duty and diversion of monies and work.
- Acted as mediator in connection with a shareholder dispute concerning a film distribution company.
- Acted as mediator in dispute over development land.
- Acted as mediator in claim for professional negligence against solicitors in respect monies held by them.
- Acted as mediator in relation to shareholder dispute and claim for misappropriation of funds.
- Acted as mediator in relation to claims arising in respect of an agreement for the sale and purchase of shares in a waste management company.
- Acted as mediator in dispute over fees and rectification of a commercial agreement.
- Acted as mediator in relation to professional negligence claim arising from share sale agreement.
- Acted as mediator in relation to dispute over dilapidations and value of diminution in reversion on office premises.
Since being in practice Lesley has received consistent recommendations in Chambers Guide where she is ranked as a Band 1 silk in six practice areas: Chancery; Commercial Dispute Resolution; Partnership; Professional Negligence; Real Estate Litigation; and Restructuring/Insolvency and in the Legal 500 where she is ranked as leading silk in two areas: Commercial, Banking, Insolvency & Chancery and Property.
She is also ranked in Who’sWho Legal UK Bar for Insolvency and Restructuring and Real Estate.
- “Extremely academic, extremely good on her feet and expressive without being aggressive” (Chambers UK)
- “She is very thorough, tactically very astute – a big personality in negotiation. An excellent advocate who is very empathetic with clients” (Chambers UK)
- “A tenacious, combative yet measured advocate who always impresses clients” Legal 500
- “If there’s anything difficult or complex you need your number-one team on, she’s your first port of call” Chambers UK
- Bencher of the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple (2011)
- Chancery Bar Association (including member of the Committee)
- Northern Chancery Bar Association (immediate past Chairman)
- Northern Circuit Commercial Bar Association
- Associate Member R3
- Northern Circuit
- North Eastern Circuit
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board of Lexis/Nexis PSL for restructuring and insolvency
- Honorary member of the Editorial Board of the Manchester Review of Law, Crime and Ethics
“Negotiating or gain based remedies in contract – account of profits, Wrotham Park and its progeny”  Manchester Review of Law, Crime and Ethics Vol 5.185
- Deputy High Court Judge since 2008
- Recorder since 2006
- CEDR accredited mediator since 2000
- University of Manchester LLB (Hons)
Chairman of the Pro-Bono Sub-Committee of the Chancery Bar Association