Professional and knowledgeable with a keen grasp of the legal issues, and able to build a natural rapport with clients.
Katie is very easy to work with – a real part of the team. She has a real talent for navigating a way through complex issues
Katie is a commercial barrister with particular expertise in construction, engineering, energy and technology-related law. Recommended in Construction by Legal 500, she is known as a hard-working and reliable junior, she is highly regarded for attention to technical detail and commercial awareness, as well as for her cross examination and trial work. She acts and has acted for employers, developers, contractors and construction professionals.
As well as working in large teams with senior counsel, Katie is regularly instructed as sole counsel to act and advise in relation to both High Court and County Court disputes. For example, her most recent multi-track appearances involved a three day trial in relation to agricultural fixtures and field drainage and an application for security for costs in the London TCC (High Court) on a final account dispute, where the judgment was reported.
Katie is currently a co-editor of the Construction, Engineering and Energy Law Journal of Ireland and regularly writes articles and case updates. She has been published a number of times in the Construction Law Journal and the Construction and Engineering Law Journal of Ireland.
Katie was also a contributing editor to the first supplement to the leading text on ‘Delay and Disruption in Construction Contracts’ (Burr 2016), and a contributor to the leading text, ‘Construction Professional Indemnity Insurance’ (Reed 2018). She regularly contributes to the Practical Law Construction Blog, and has appeared in a number of video blogs on various litigation topics.
Energy & Renewables
Katie Lee is ranked for Construction in Legal 500. She is described as:
- ‘Professional and knowledgeable with a keen grasp of the legal issues, and able to build a natural rapport with clients.’
- Co-Editor of the Construction, Engineering and Energy Law Journal of Ireland
- Contributing editor to 1st supplement to ‘Delay and Disruption in Construction Contracts (Burr, 2016)
- Society of Construction Law
- TCC User Group Committee (chaired by Mr Justice Coulson)
- Co-editor of the Construction, Engineering and Energy Law Journal of Ireland
- Contributing editor to the first supplement to the text ‘Delay and Disruption in Construction Contracts’ (Burr 2016)
- Contributor to Construction Professional indemnity Insurance, published by Sweet and Maxwell in 2018.
- Contributor to the Practical Law Construction Blog and Lexology.
- LLB Law (Hons), University of Bristol (Ranked 1st in year for jurisprudence, contract & tort)
- LLM Commercial Law, University of Bristol (Ranked 1st in year) with Distinction
- BPTC, BPP Law School (Ranked 1st in year for Cross Examination and Ethics)
Katie is also on TECBAR’s panel of accredited adjudicators.