Katie has a busy practice and has particular expertise in construction, telecommunications, engineering, energy and technology-related law. She has a wealth of experience as sole counsel as well as with led work. She is known for her cross examination, trial work, attention to detail and commercial awareness.
Katie is regularly instructed as sole counsel to act and advise in relation to both High Court and County Court disputes, her most recent multi-track cases involving a three day trial in the Nottingham TCC as sole counsel which included the cross examination of an expert witness, and a case currently in the High Court (Bristol TCC). She is also currently being led on multi-million pound High Court dispute and a high value flooring claim. She is well-regarded as a hard-working and reliable junior.
Katie is currently a co-editor of the Construction, Engineering and Energy Law Journal of Ireland and regularly writes articles and case updates. She has been published a number of times in the Construction Law Journal (2017) and the Construction and Engineering Law Journal of Ireland. Katie was a contributing editor to the first supplement to the text ‘Delay and Disruption in Construction Contracts’ (Burr 2016), and regularly contributes to the Practical Law Construction Blog. She also sits on the TCC User’s Group chaired by Mr Justice Coulson.
Energy & Renewables
- Co-Editor of the Construction, Engineering and Energy Law Journal of Ireland
- Contributing editor to 1st supplement to ‘Delay and Disruption in Construction Contracts (Burr, 2016)
- Society of Construction Law
- TCC User Group Committee (chaired by Mr Justice Coulson)
- Co-editor of the Construction, Engineering and Energy Law Journal of Ireland
- Contributing editor to the first supplement to the text ‘Delay and Disruption in Construction Contracts’ (Burr 2016)
- Contributor to Construction Professional indemnity Insurance, published by Sweet and Maxwell in 2018.
- Contributor to the Practical Law Construction Blog and Lexology.
- LLB Law (Hons), University of Bristol (Ranked 1st in year for jurisprudence, contract & tort)
- LLM Commercial Law, University of Bristol (Ranked 1st in year) with Distinction
- BPTC, BPP Law School (Ranked 1st in year for Cross Examination and Ethics)
Katie is also on TECBAR’s panel of accredited adjudicators.