Excellent knowledge and experience.
Great technical ability; sound commercialism.
Exceptional attention to detail where it matters.
Excellent technical and has practical knowledge in all insolvency areas.
Jonathan is a highly regarded senior junior who specialises in insolvency and restructuring.
The Legal 500 has ranked Jonathan as a leading insolvency junior for a number of years. He is noted as having “wide knowledge of technical insolvency and exceptional attention to detail” and having “sound commercialism”. He also accepts instructions in insolvency related commercial and property disputes.
Jonathan is known as a tenacious advocate and skilled strategist and tactician. He is popular and well respected by both his lay and professional clients for whom he is often seen as “go to” counsel.
Jonathan has an established practise dealing with the negligence of professionals involved in his core areas such as insolvency practitioners, solicitors and surveyors. He is recommended by Legal 500 in this area as well where he is recognised as being “responsive and knows his stuff”.
Jonathan is happy to consider different ways of funding cases including conditional fee agreements and he works with practitioners and funders to enable litigation to be funded to a successful conclusion whether following purchase and assignment or otherwise.
As an ADR Group accredited mediator, Jonathan is frequently involved in mediations and all forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Jonathan takes a keen interest in training. He regularly delivers talks to professionals in all areas of his work including solicitors, insolvency practitioners, accountants and surveyors as well as speaking for external organisations such as R3. He is also an accredited advocacy tutor for Lincoln’s Inn, a mentor on the pupillage foundation scheme and a registered pupil supervisor.
Qualifications & Memberships
BA (Hons) (UCL) (Geography)
ADR Group Accredited Mediator Professional Associations
R3 (Associate Member)
Property Bar Association
Chancery Bar Association
Financial Professionals, Insolvency Professionals, Directors & Officers
Jonathan is recommended for both Insolvency and Professional Negligence in Legal 500.
- “He is a great team player and extremely client friendly” – (Legal 500)
- “Excellent technical ability and has practical knowledge in all insolvency areas.” – (Legal 500)
- “Technically and tactically very good.” (Legal 500)
- “Can make the complicated simple.” – (Legal 500)
- “Good at quickly and clearly arriving at a pragmatic assessment of a situation” (Legal 500)
- “Wide knowledge of technical insolvency and exceptional attention to detail where it matters.” (Legal 500)
- ‘Great technical ability; sound commercialism.’ (Legal 500)
- ‘Excellent knowledge and experience.’ (Legal 500)
- Contributor to Atkins Corporate Insolvency Court Forms (LexisNexis)
- Contributor of the insolvency chapter to Insurance Broking and Practice, edited by CMS (Informa)