Exceptional at providing clear, commercial innovative advice; a very effective advocate
John’s practice is primarily based on advice and representation in relation to the law of property, dealing regularly with owners of freehold and leasehold interests in land.
He also handles professional negligence litigation in relation to property professionals as well as commercial insolvency and general contractual disputes, where his property expertise gives him the edge.
“An extremely capable and experienced advocate”, the legal directories recommend him not only as “the quality of his work is excellent” but also because he is “very easy to deal with” and “highly approachable”.
In a previous life John was a civil servant working in matters concerning defence and foreign affairs.
Commercial Landlord & Tenant
Development & Planning
Leasehold & Leasehold Management
Real Property & Mortgages
John is recommended in both Chambers UK and Legal 500 for Property/Real Estate Litigation. He is also recommended for Commercial Dispute Resolution in Chambers UK.
- “Provides clear and practical advice.” “He is very commercial and sensible and turns work around quickly.” (Chambers UK)
- “Good at looking at things laterally and holistically. He’s easy to talk to and very user-friendly. His range of expertise on property matters seems endless. Excellent under pressure and a good courtroom advocate.” (Chambers UK)
- “He delivers succinct and relevant advice for the client. He’s very pragmatic and approachable, and keeps an eye on the end result. He’s an excellent advocate.” (Chambers UK)
- “Very bright. His written work is always of an excellent calibre and he is accessible to clients.” (Chambers UK)
- ‘A tenacious advocate with strong technical skills.’ (Legal 500)
- “A first-rate advocate, who is well liked by clients.” (Legal 500)
- “His ability to handle figures and details are a particular strength.” (Chambers UK)
- Property Bar Association
- Chancery Bar Association
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
Contributor to Risk & Negligence in Property Transactions (The Law Society) – publication late 2018.
- MA (Oxon)
- Post-graduate certificate in Law
- Postgraduate certificate in Russian