He has an in depth legal knowledge and his expertise ensures the client’s objectives are achieved
Excellent on his feet and brilliant with clients. He manages to charm while destroying the arguments in front of him. He is responsive and truly down to earth
A junior to behold; persuasive and devastating on his feet, and on paper he is effective and clear and client focused
Highly respected by opponents… a junior to look out for when it comes to land and real property matters
His advocacy is first-rate; he is calm under pressure and has great instincts
A fantastic advocate
Jamal is a very experienced commercial barrister who specialises in property related work. “A junior to behold; persuasive and devastating on his feet” (Legal 500), his practice focuses on land and real property as well as both residential and commercial landlord and tenant work, having been involved in some of the leading cases in these areas.
He also handles a variety of other claims with a property related element, ranging from arguments between beneficiaries to multi-million pound development projects and joint ventures where the main assets are property or property related.
Jamal’s expertise covers professional negligence claims in relation to property associated disputes, having acted for and against numerous legal and property professionals in matters concerning property transactions, advice and litigation.
Outside of law, he is passionate about sport (both participating and watching) and is a keen Parkour enthusiast.
Jamal recently won the prestigious Real Estate, Environment and Planning Junior of the Year Award at the Legal 500 Awards 2020.
In 2020 Jamal was appointed as both a Deputy District Judge and Recorder on the South Eastern Circuit.
Commercial Landlord & Tenant
Development & Planning
Leasehold & Leasehold Management
Real Property & Mortgages
Trusts of Land
Jamal is recommended in Chambers UK, Legal 500 and Who’s Who Legal for real estate/ property litigation. He also won Real Estate, Environment & Planning Junior of the Year at the Legal 500 Awards 2020.
- “Excellent on his feet and brilliant with clients. He manages to charm while destroying the arguments in front of him.” “He is responsive and truly down to earth.” (Chambers UK)
- “He is down to earth, knows what you want, and what he delivers is user-friendly.” (Chambers UK)
- “Engaging, positive and a collaborative team player.” (Chambers UK)
- “Excellent technically and his written advice is always clear, even in the most complex matters.” (Chambers UK)
- “An excellent all-round property barrister who works well with clients and is always prepared to go the extra mile. Very commercially minded and easily builds rapport with clients. A fantastic advocate.” (Chambers UK)
- “He has a great manner with clients and judges, and he delivers results. His advice is clear and persuasive.” (Chambers UK)
- “Very approachable, user-friendly and good at communicating with lay clients in a way they can understand.” (Chambers UK)
- “He has an in depth legal knowledge and his expertise ensures the client’s objectives are achieved.” (Legal 500)
- “He always inspires confidence and cannot be faulted.” (Legal 500)
- “Remarkable with clients, putting them at ease and explaining complex ideas very simply.” (Legal 500)
- “Excellent to work with, he pulls together with the team and clients find him approachable and refreshing,” (Legal 500)
- “A junior to behold; persuasive and devastating on his feet, and on paper he is effective and clear and client focused.” (Legal 500)
- “Impressive in both his pleadings and on his feet; Extremely pragmatic and personable; Client-friendly with an excellent approach to disputes.” (Chambers UK)
- “Highly respected by opponents and is noted by sources as a junior to look out for when it comes to land and real property matters.“ (Who’s Who Legal)
Deputy District Judge
- Chancery Bar Association
- Property Bar Association
- London Common Law & Commercial Bar Association
- Accredited Mediation Advocate
Contributor to Risk & Negligence in Property Transactions (Law Society Publishing, 2018)
- MA Jurisprudence (Oxon)
- Bar Vocational Course, Inns of Court School of Law, Very Competent
- BVC Exhibition (Inner Temple, 2004)
- Duke of Edinburgh Entrance Scholar (Inner Temple, 2004)