George accepts instructions in all Chambers’ core areas of practice, with a focus on commercial and construction matters. He is currently instructed as junior counsel to the Grenfell Tower Inquiry.
During pupillage, George was supervised by David Pliener, Michael Wheater and David Lewis, with whom he was involved in substantial and complex disputes across the spectrum of Hardwicke’s commercial, insurance and construction specialisms.
George assisted his supervisors in the preparation and conduct of substantial trials in the High Court and received training in pleading and advising in the following areas of practice:
- General commercial, including jurisdictional challenges;
- Professional liability, particularly concerning solicitors, surveyors, construction and finance professionals;
- Company, Partnership and shareholders’ disputes;
- Property and Landlord & Tenant.
George is happy working both as sole counsel or as part of a team. He is developing a broad civil and commercial practice of his own and has experience of advising, pleading and appearing at hearings in the County Court and High Court. His recent work has included:
- Advising in respect of the application of the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 to contracts regarding a housebuilding programme in East Anglia;
- Acting successfully at trail for a Defendant company, arguing that the sums claimed pursuant to contract were penal and unenforceable;
- Regularly drafting pleadings in commercial matters including breach of contract, bailment, conversion, and agency;
- Acting successfully for a real estate company in an application to strike out a claim against it for breach of contract;
- Appearing regularly in bankruptcy and insolvency matters in the County Court and High Court;
- Frequently acting in applications in the County Court in property matters.
Banking & Finance
Property & Construction Professionals
- BA, History, First Class (New College, Oxford)
- GDL, Commendation (City Law School)
- BPTC, Outstanding (City Law School)
Scholarships and other awards & prizes:
- Lord Bowen Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Lord Denning Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Walter Wigglesworth Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Buchanan Prize (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Academic Scholarship (City Law School)
- Monckton Chambers Prize for EU Law (City Law School)