She is impressive. She is professionally inquisitive and is tenacious.
An excellent advocate, who stays calm and adapts effortlessly when circumstances change.
Knowledgeable, commercially aware and considers all angles
Ebony specialises in commercial and insurance work with particular expertise in construction and engineering, property damage, professional negligence and commercial litigation. She is an experienced trial advocate, both as sole counsel and as a junior to leading counsel, and has been instructed in multi-week trials in the Chancery Division and the TCC; most recently acting for more than 70 claimants in a series of claims arising from defective redevelopment works to a prestigious Grade II listed terrace of properties. Ebony also acted for the successful claimants in Ali v Abbeyfield VE Ltd  EWHC 669 (Ch) a 3-week fraudulent misrepresentation trial in which she was led by Brie Stevens-Hoare QC.
Ebony is recommended by Legal 500 for both Construction and Professional Negligence. She is commended for her court advocacy, the quality of her written work and her personable, commercial and straight-forward style.
Ebony’s recent clients include: an international provider of outsourced business process services, a construction Joint Venture established in Turkey, a leading elevator installation company, a sustainable M&E engineering services company, a Railtrack maintenance contractor, a nationwide retail franchisor, and a leading bread manufacturer.
Outside of her legal practice, Ebony is currently enjoying working towards her private pilot’s licence.
Banking & Finance
Employment & Executive Disputes
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Property & Construction Professionals
Financial Professionals, Insolvency Professionals, Directors & Officers
- Society of Construction Law
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- British Insurance Law Association
- London Common Law & Commercial Bar Association
Ebony is recommended for both Construction and Professional Negligence by Legal 500:
- “Knowledgeable, commercially aware and considers all angles“
- “She is impressive. She is professionally inquisitive and is tenacious.”
- “An excellent advocate, who stays calm and adapts effortlessly when circumstances change.”
- “An extremely capable and professional barrister able to quickly identify the key issues in complex claims.”
Ebony is also an editor of Emden’s Construction Law and a contributor to the Practical Law Construction Blog.
- LLB (Hons), First
- Bar Vocational Course, Very Competent
- Exhibition Scholar, Inner Temple
- Martin Dockray Prize winner in consecutive years