David is an ADR ODR accredited mediator with years of experience handling disputes from general commercial issues to those involving construction, property damage, insurance and professional liability.
If you would like details of how to instruct him as mediator, please contact Paul Nuttall.
David is recommended by both Chambers UK and Legal 500 for Construction, Insurance and Professional Negligence. Chambers UK also recognises him for Property Damage. He is recommended for Construction in Chambers Global.
The directories state:
- “Very impressive. He’s extremely personable and sharp as a tack.” “Very bright.” (Chambers UK)
- “The written material is very on point; he strips it down to the bare essentials and grasps the key issues very quickly.” (Chambers UK)
- “Very knowledgeable, very thorough and bright.” (Chambers UK)
- “He’s very good with clients and excellent at boiling matters down to the key issues. He’s a details man but he isn’t too verbose about things.” (Chambers UK)
- “His performance was legally sound, commercially practical and tactically excellent.” (Chambers UK)
- “David’s mix of intellect and pragmatism is valued by clients, and his enthusiasm for cases shines through. A very commercial problem solver who is brilliant with lay clients and an active part of the legal team.” (Chambers UK)
- “A pleasure to work with, he’s very approachable and highly responsive. He is on top of the detail and knows the insurance and construction markets inside out.” (Chambers UK)
- “Very capable advocate, offering great strategic and commercial advice and excellent knowledge of the law.” (Legal 500)
- “Approachable, accessible and impressively marshals the case details.” (Legal 500)
- “Very clear and concise, and his written work is exceptional.” (Legal 500)
- “He is unflappable, with deep knowledge and a light touch.” (Legal 500)
He has been shortlisted for Insurance Junior of the Year at the Chambers Bar Awards 2018.
- TECBAR (Committee Member)
- Society of Construction Lawyers
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- British Insurance Law Association
- Adjudication Society
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- London Court of International Arbitration
- Contributor to Construction All Risks Insurance (Sweet & Maxwell)
- Contributor to Construction Professional Indemnity Insurance (Sweet & Maxwell)
- Contributor to Insurance Broking Practice and the Law edited by CMS Cameron McKenna (Informa looseleaf)
- BSc (Hons) First Class
- Dip Law
- Tecbar Adjudicator
- ADR ODR Accredited Mediator
David has been involved in youth work in the Jewish community for many years, and is currently chair of an allocations committee for the distribution of charitable funds to various youth organisations.
David is a mentor on the ORT Jump programme, through which he gets the opportunity to mentor Y12 students on a year-long programme to help students make informed decisions about their career options and to open up access to the law and the Bar.
Due to popular demand his days of busking for charity are probably behind him, but, time permitting, David is a keen volunteer at the local Mill Hill Litter Pickers group, along with his occasionally enthusiastic son.