He is excellent across the board - good with clients, on paper and on his feet
He is a superb advocate who is extremely likeable and very able
He operates at a higher level, like a junior QC for me. He’s terrific
Incredibly bright, client-friendly and excellent across the board
One of the best juniors and a silk in waiting. Very commercial and user-friendly
A top-class advocate and adviser. He is smart, savvy and on top of the detail.
David is an expert in Construction and Engineering, Insurance and Commercial work. He also specialises in Property Damage and Professional Negligence work.
Well versed in complex and high value disputes representing clients in litigation, arbitration, adjudication and mediation, his expertise covers the international as well as the domestic and he has worked across a number of jurisdictions including the Bahamas and the Cayman Islands. Recent work has included disputes concerning construction projects in Peru and Georgia.
“Clearly a silk in the making” (Legal 500), he is known as “very insightful, a good advocate” (Chambers UK). Recognised by clients and legal directories alike for the fact that he is “a very commercial problem solver, who is brilliant with lay clients and an active part of the legal team” (Chambers Global), David is someone who “is very incisive and picks out the important issues from a significant number of documents” (Legal 500). “He is excellent across the board – good with clients, on paper and on his feet.” (Legal 500)
David has recently been awarded the prestigious Construction Junior of the Year Award at the Legal 500 Awards 2020.
David is a regular and popular speaker both internally and for external conference providers. He also writes for Practical Law, LexisNexis and other publications.
Outside of the law, David divides his time between family, friends and football; not always in that order.
Construction - Insurance
Professional Indemnity Insurance
David is recommended by both Chambers UK and Legal 500 for Construction, Insurance and Professional Negligence. Chambers UK also recognises him for Property Damage. He is recommended for Construction in Chambers Global and Who’s Who Legal. David won Construction Junior of the Year at the Legal 500 Awards 2020. Who’s Who Legal recommend him for Construction and Professional Negligence.
The directories state:
- “One of the best juniors and a silk in waiting. Very commercial and user-friendly.” (Legal 500)
- “He operates at a higher level, like a junior QC for me. He’s terrific” (Chambers UK)
- “A top-class advocate and adviser. He is smart, savvy and on top of the detail.” (Chambers UK)
- “A genuine specialist in insurance and construction insurance disputes, with deep knowledge and experience.” (Legal 500)
- ‘He is excellent across the board – good with clients, on paper and on his feet.’ (Legal 500)
- “Very impressive. He’s extremely personable and sharp as a tack.” “Very bright.” (Chambers UK)
- “He’s very good with clients and excellent at boiling matters down to the key issues. He’s a details man but he isn’t too verbose about things.” (Chambers UK)
- ““David’s mix of intellect and pragmatism is valued by clients, and his enthusiasm for cases shines through. A very commercial problem solver who is brilliant with lay clients and an active part of the legal team.” (Chambers UK)
- “A pleasure to work with, he’s very approachable and highly responsive. He is on top of the detail and knows the insurance and construction markets inside out.” (Chambers UK)
- “He is approachable, insightful, organised and efficient – a silk in the making.” (Chambers Global)
- “Has a well deserved reputation as one of the leading juniors.” (Legal 500)
- “Very clear and concise, and his written work is exceptional.” (Legal 500)
- “He is unflappable, with deep knowledge and a light touch.” (Legal 500)
- “Excellent with clients and very commercial in his style. He gives very clear advice and is willing to be flexible too.” (Chambers UK)
- He’s tough, and comes out with very strong and creative arguments which you would not have thought of.” (Chambers UK)
As well as winning Construction Junior of the Year at the Legal 500 Awards 2020, he was shortlisted for Insurance Junior of the Year at the Chambers Bar Awards 2018.
He was mentioned in the Who’s Who Legal as a Construction Junior 2020.
- TECBAR (Committee Member)
- Society of Construction Lawyers
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- British Insurance Law Association
- Adjudication Society
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- London Court of International Arbitration
- Contributor to Construction All Risks Insurance (Sweet & Maxwell)
- Contributor to Construction Professional Indemnity Insurance (Sweet & Maxwell)
- Contributor to Insurance Broking Practice and the Law edited by CMS Cameron McKenna (Informa looseleaf)
- BSc (Hons) First Class
- Dip Law
- Tecbar Adjudicator
- ADR ODR Accredited Mediator
David has been involved in youth work in the Jewish community for many years, and is currently chair of an allocations committee for the distribution of charitable funds to various youth organisations.
David is a mentor on the ORT Jump programme, through which he gets the opportunity to mentor Y12 students on a year-long programme to help students make informed decisions about their career options and to open up access to the law and the Bar.
Due to popular demand his days of busking for charity are probably behind him, but, time permitting, David is a keen volunteer at the local Mill Hill Litter Pickers group, along with his occasionally enthusiastic son.