Great to work with, very sharp and very responsive
A bright and strategically creative silk
David is determined and dogmatic, and offers great tactical insight. His advocacy is persuasive, and he can hold his ground in areas with which he isn’t familiar.
Someone you want on your team rather than on the other side
Really prepared to get stuck in and is blessed with the art of persuasion.
David has very substantial experience in commercial disputes. His broad-based commercial practice spans domestic and international litigation and arbitration as well as other forms of ADR, securities and financial services litigation, contractual disputes, directors and shareholders disputes, joint ventures and partnerships disputes, civil fraud, sales of goods and services, franchising, professional negligence, and agency (in particular commercial agency).
He is recommended by both Chambers UK and Legal 500 for commercial dispute resolution. They refer to him as “a bright and strategically creative silk” who is “incredibly impressive”. They note the fact that not only is he “an excellent advocate” but also that he is “highly user-friendly”, “down to earth, very commercial”. “When you have a difficult court case, he’s the guy you want. He really fights your corner, he’s extremely thorough and he knows his stuff”.
- A v B  HC (Ch) (May) leading a junior member of chambers in an appeal on grounds of serious procedural irregularity.
- Andersson v Kamran  HC (Ch) (May) leading a junior member of chambers defending an application for interim injunctive relief in this ongoing dispute for specific performance.
- HH Sheikh Tahnoon Al Nehayna v Ioannis Kent  EWHC 333 (Comm) &  EWHC 614 (Comm), leading a junior member of chambers in a complex €22 million Commercial Court claim.
- A v B  €300 LCIA International Arbitration claim for deceit, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract.
- A v B  €100 million International Arbitration.
- Tube Tech International Limited Ltd v Intertek Investigation Services UK Limited (ongoing) representing the defendants in a contract dispute valued at £10-£15 million involving issues including contractual penalty clauses.
- James Rogers v Andrew Barr acting for the Claimant at trial and in relation to the taking of an account in regard to a partnership dispute  EWHC 1423 (Ch)
- Beavis v ParkingEye – Supreme Court –  UKSC 67  3W.L.R 1373, representing (with others) the Appellant in his appeal to the Supreme Court relating to the penalty rule (the law relating to contractual penalties).
David is an accredited mediator.
Banking & Finance
Civil Fraud & Asset Tracing
Companies, Joint Ventures & Partnerships
Employment & Executive Disputes
Private International Law
David is recommended by Chambers UK, Chambers Global and the Legal 500 for commercial dispute resolution.
- ‘David’s advocacy is a thing of surgical precision, he is fabulous with client and gives clear strategic advice from the outset.’ (Legal 500)
- “David is determined and dogmatic, and offers great tactical insight.” “His advocacy is persuasive, and he can hold his ground in areas with which he isn’t familiar.” (Chambers UK)
- “A bright and strategically creative silk.” (Legal 500)
- “Down-to-earth, very commercial and an excellent advocate.” “He’s very good at establishing his arguments and can read judges very well.” (Chambers UK)
- He “combines astonishing turnaround time with excellent quality of work. He explains complex issues very clearly to clients and grasps detail quickly. He is impressive on his feet.” (Chambers UK)
- “He is very bright, highly proactive and really on your side.” Chambers UK
- “Very easy to work with and the lay clients love his punchy style.” (Legal 500)
- “Confident, intelligent and robust. You know he is fighting your corner” (Legal 500)
- Commercial Bar Association
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- London Court of International Arbitration
- Employment Lawyers Association
- LL.B Hons
- ADR Group Accredited Civil & Commercial Mediator
- Registered Legal Practitioner, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)