A go-to person for tricky matters.
The consummate professional. Calm under pressure, great with clients.
He delivers an excellent service and maintains a very high standard of quality.
Excellent to work with, prompt and concise paperwork and good advocacy. Experienced and cool under pressure. Knowledgeable regarding judicial attitudes and outcomes – inspires confidence and gains trust of tribunal/judge. He instils confidence in clients."
He is approachable and deeply knowledgeable.
Daniel specialises in disputes about property, the emphasis being on real property and commercial landlord and tenant. Daniel is also well known for his expertise in mortgages and secured lending. His residential landlord and tenant practice focuses on leasehold enfranchisement. Daniel’s extensive knowledge of land registration law is one of his strengths as a property litigator.
Daniel’s other work tends to involve property but less directly. For example he is often instructed in professional negligence claims relating to conveyancing and surveyors/valuers and in partnership actions where the assets of the partnership include land/properties.
In 2008 Daniel was appointed as a Deputy Adjudicator to HM Land Registry and since 2013 has been a judge of the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber, Land Registration).
Daniel is an experienced, ADR Group accredited mediator.
Commercial Landlord & Tenant
Development & Planning
Leasehold & Leasehold Management
Real Property & Mortgages
Trusts of Land
Banking & Finance
Companies, Joint Ventures & Partnerships
Daniel is recommended for Real Estate/Property Litigation in Chambers UK and Legal 500.
- “Easy to work with. In trial he is very effective, has good gravitas and gets to the heart of the issues needing to be resolved.” (Chambers UK)
- “Excellent to work with, prompt and concise paperwork and good advocacy. Experienced and cool under pressure. Knowledgeable regarding judicial attitudes and outcomes – inspires confidence and gains trust of tribunal/judge. He instils confidence in clients.” (Legal 500)
- “Extremely good on his feet.” (Chambers UK)
- “A real authority on easements, manorial rights and land registration. He has impeccable judgement and guides a case in the right way at all times.” (Chambers UK)
- “He delivers an excellent service and maintains a very high standard of quality.” (Chambers UK)
- “He has a mastery of detail and is a calm, confident presence with clients.” (Legal 500)
- “Knowledgeable about property and instils confidence.” (Legal 500)
- “The consummate professional. Calm under pressure, great with clients.” (Legal 500)
- Property Bar Association (formerly Secretary)
- Chancery Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
Daniel is the author of “A Practical Guide to Rights Over Airspace and Subsoil” (2019, Law Brief Publishing).
He was a contributor to Risk & Negligence in Property Transactions (2018, The Law Society).
Daniel contributed a chapter to “Commercial Property Practice: An Expert Guide” (2015, Wilmington Legal) and for several years was a chapter author for “Practical Civil Court Precedents” (Sweet and Maxwell).
- Manchester University, BA (Econ) Hons in Politics and Economics
- City University, Dip. Law
- Judge of the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber, Land Registration)
- ADR Group accredited mediator