Very clever and very committed
Charlotte’s practice focuses on Chancery and property litigation and encompasses both traditional Chancery and commercial work. She has particular expertise in matters concerning the administration of estates and trusts, contentious probate, real property, and Court of Protection property and affairs matters.
She is ranked as a leading individual in Chambers in Partners, where she is praised for her encyclopaedic knowledge and her commitment to her cases.
Charlotte regularly produces articles relating to her specialist areas of practice and blogs at Equity’s Darling on private client and property law. Together with James Kessler QC, she has co-authored the latest edition of Drafting Trusts & Will Trusts (Sweet & Maxwell). She also sits as a Deputy District Judge.
Contentious Probate & Inheritance Act Claims
Court of Protection
Trusts including TOLATA
Commercial Landlord & Tenant
Leasehold & Leasehold Management
Real Property & Mortgages
Trusts of Land
Charlotte is recommended by Chambers UK for Real Estate Litigation in the South East. The directory notes:
- Her knowledge is terrific.” “She is very thorough, responsive, approachable, highly capable and completely client-focused.”“
- “Highly personable, meticulous and consistently good. Technically proficient and great with clients. She goes the extra mile.
- “Her knowledge is encyclopaedic and clients love the thoroughness of her approach.”
- “I am very impressed with her. I found her to be very confident and self-assured but also realistic.”
- “Very clever and very committed to her cases. Very personally involved.”
- Society of Trusts & Estates (student member)
- Deputy District Judge
- College of Law, Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists Diploma
- BPP BVC (Outstanding, first in order of merit)
- BPP GDL (Distinction, first in order of merit)
- Sussex University, MA International Relations (Distinction, third in order of merit)
- University of Southampton, BA (Hons) Archaeology (First Class, first in order of merit)
- Baron Dr Ver Heyden de Lancey Prize, Middle Temple (best performance in the Bar exams by a student of Middle Temple) (2008)
- Diplock Scholar, Middle Temple
- John Scott Montague Prize, University of Southampton
Drafting Trusts & Will Trusts (Sweet & Maxwell)
Charlotte blogs on private client and property law at Equity’s Darling.
Charlotte’s recent articles include:
- Proprietary estoppel in farming family disputes – commentary on Habberfield v Habberfield (The Transparency Project)
- The Habberfields and the Hab-not-a-fields: Proprietary Estoppel in the Court of Appeal
- Interim payments under IPFDA 1975
- Variation of trusts and minors lacking mental capacity: ET v JP and others  EWHC 685 (Ch)
- 2018 Estate Disputes round up: Part 1 Proprietary Estoppel
- 2018 Estate Disputes round up: Part 2 – 1975 Act Claims
- 2018 Estate Disputes round up: Part 3 – Contentious Probate
- Want of Knowledge and Approval (Westlaw Insight)
- Challenging Wills: Family Provision (Westlaw Insight)
- Undue Influence (Westlaw Insight)
- Death Bed Gifts, STEP TQR: Volume 14/ Issue 2, 2016