Simply exceptional: very bright, understands complicated technical issues and is very good at cross-examination.
Very clever and down-to-earth.
Her written work is brilliant and she's incredibly good with clients.
Understands both the law and the industry. She is very quick and thorough and really grasps construction-specific disputes
Bright, hard-working and responsive.
Her experience and abilities are beyond her year of call.
She is incredibly intelligent and able to get to the heart of a claim quickly
She is extremely approachable, knowledgeable and a persuasive advocate.
Catherine is a successful commercial and insurance specialist with a particular focus on construction and engineering disputes, property damage and professional liability. She has a busy court and adjudication practice, acting for insurers, contractors, employers, construction professionals and insolvency practitioners. Catherine has an incredible rate of retention of clients, which shows that not only is she committed to fighting her client’s case to ensure a positive outcome, but that she is personable and works well as part of the team.
Catherine appears in all levels of tribunal in procedural applications, substantive hearings and trials. Catherine has appeared in the all of the TCCs and acted in adjudications and mediations. Catherine is not only instructed when a dispute has arisen, but, as a result of the rapport she builds with her clients, she is often asked to advise client’s when they believe a dispute may be about to arise.
Catherine is “innovative and commercially minded” and has a client focused and commercial approach to resolving disputes, giving “good, practical advice”. She effectively manages the legal, expert and client teams to achieve the most favourable outcome for her clients. She is described by her clients as “exceptional” and “phenomenally hardworking”. Chambers UK describes her as having a “great strategic mind” and “proactive, brilliant with clients and gives no-nonsense advice.”
Catherine won Construction Junior Barrister of the Year by Chambers UK Bar Awards 2019. She has previously also been shortlisted for “Best Woman in Construction Law” by the Women in Construction and Engineering Awards.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Insurance Funded Disputes
- Adjudication Society
- British Insurance Law Association
- Society of Construction Law
Contributor to Construction All Risks Insurance, published by Sweet & Maxwell.
- LLM European Law (University of Nottingham)
- BA (Hons) Jurisprudence (University of Oxford, St. Catherine’s College)
- Bar Vocational Course
- Lord Astbury Scholar, Middle Temple
Catherine is recommended by Chambers UK, Chambers Global, Who’s Who Legal and Legal 500 as a leading junior in construction and professional negligence. She is also recommended by Chambers UK for property damage. She won Junior Construction Barrister of the Year at the Chambers UK 2019 Awards. Who’s Who Legal recommend her for Professional Negligence.
- “She is incredibly intelligent and able to get to the heart of a claim quickly.” (Legal 500)
- “She has a great strategic mind and works phenomenally hard, and is as charismatic as she is hard-working.” (Chambers UK)
- “Catherine Piercy is excellent. She is proactive, brilliant with clients and gives no-nonsense advice.” (Chambers UK)
- “Able to think quickly on her feet and offer strategic advice” (Legal 500)
- “Very hard-working and enthusiastic,” she “understands both the law and the industry.” (Chambers UK)
- “She is very quick and thorough and really grasps construction-specific disputes.” (Chambers UK)
- “Fights really hard for her clients and works incredibly hard. She’s an excellent advocate who produces top-notch written work.” (Chambers UK)
- ‘Simply exceptional: very bright, understands complicated technical issues and is very good at cross-examination.’ (Legal 500)
- “An outstanding advocate who is resolute and remarkable in leading a long-term strategy.” (Legal 500)
- “Her written work is top class…She is very commanding and highly effective when dealing with clients and the other side.” (Chambers Global)
- “An extremely hard worker who always comes up with helpful, pragmatic advice.” (Chambers UK)
- “She has a quick grasp of technical claims, a great client manner and is strong on her feet in court.” – (Legal 500)
- “She rolls her sleeves up and clients really like her. She’s down to earth and user-friendly, with good attention to detail and the ability to make points clearly.” (Chambers UK)
- “Very robust and technically excellent.” (Legal 500)
- “Her written work is very good and she is known as a strong advocate.” (Chambers UK)
- “Impressive.” (Legal 500)
- “‘She has very strong communication skills that inspire confidence and bring a positive energy to the room.” (Legal 500)
- “She’s exceptionally hard-working and great with clients.” (Chambers UK)
- “A first-class advocate.” (Chambers UK)
- “She always provides good, clear analysis.” (Chambers UK)
- “Bright, hard-working and responsive.” (Chambers UK)
- “Her written work is brilliant and she’s incredibly good with clients.” (Chambers UK)
- “Very clever and down-to-earth.” (Chambers UK)
- “Clever, incredibly industrious, very easy to work with and utterly reliable.” (Chambers UK)
- “She’s very bright, very accommodating, and very good with clients. Both her writing and advocacy skills are impressive.” (Chambers UK)