She is incredibly good at what she does and is a force to be reckoned with in the courtroom.
An all-round modern QC: super-bright, incredibly hard working and a great courtroom advocate
She is impressive and a safe pair of hands: I would want her on my side at all times.
A strong litigator who is particularly good at really contentious work. Her advocacy skills are highly impressive and her career is on an upward trajectory.
The go-to silk for heavyweight property work
No one can beat her for a commercial hands-on approach which loses nothing in terms of intellectual rigour and crystal-clear advocacy. She controls the courtroom and her language, tone and powers of persuasion are second to none
If you ever have difficult clients, she's the type of person you could just sit down and talk to all day - very approachable, very much on the client's level
A persuasive advocate who is able to make complicated points simple to grasp
Very impressive and thorough
Brie is recommended as a leading silk in the latest editions of The Legal 500 and Chambers UK . She recently won Barrister of the Year at the Modern Law Awards and Chambers UK’s Real Estate Silk of the Year Award. She is a client focused property barrister experienced at dealing with all aspects of property litigation, property related probate and professional negligence as well as franchising.
Brie’s successful property practice, focusing in particular on real property, property development and, the more commercial aspects of property work continues to flourish. In addition she has developed a strong reputation for her contentious probate work, which frequently involves property issues.
Property related professional negligence (particularly involving solicitors and surveyors), probate (often involving property issues) and franchising form the balance of Brie’s practice.
Mediation is the other string to Brie’s bow. She has a great deal of experience of mediation from both angles: as a mediator and representing clients in mediations. She is increasingly in demand in both capacities and works as a mediator privately and in the FTT.
Brie’s preferred form of transport is a motor cycle. She has a reputation for enjoying activities like bungee jumping, roller coasters, body flying and travel to far flung places such as the North Pole, Iran and Kurdistan.
Brie is also able to accept direct access instructions and is often instructed to provide an initial assessment of prospects and strategic advice.
Commercial Landlord & Tenant
Development & Planning
Leasehold & Leasehold Management
Real Property & Mortgages
Trusts of Land
Contentious Probate & Inheritance Act Claims
Trusts including TOLATA
Brie is recommended in both Chambers UK and Legal 500 for real estate/property litigation. Chambers UK and Chambers High Net Worth both recommend her for Traditional Chancery whilst Legal 500 recommends her for Private Client: Trusts & Probate. The Who’s Who Legal recommended Brie as a real estate silk 2020.
- “She’s the type of person you could just sit down and talk to all day – very approachable, very much on the client’s level.” (Chambers UK)
- “She is an advocacy expert who is able to read between the lines.” “She is very impressive and thorough in her approach.” “A persuasive advocate who is able to make complicated points simple to grasp.” (Chambers UK)
- “She is incredibly good at what she does and is a force to be reckoned with in the courtroom.” (Chambers UK)
- “She is impressive and a safe pair of hands: I would want her on my side at all times.” (Chambers UK)
- “A strong litigator who is particularly good at really contentious work. Her advocacy skills are highly impressive and her career is on an upward trajectory.” (Chambers UK)
- “No one can beat her for a commercial hands-on approach which loses nothing in terms of intellectual rigour and crystal-clear advocacy. She controls the courtroom and her language, tone and powers of persuasion are second to none.” (Legal 500)
- “Is calm and collected; fantastic on her feet; makes clients feel at ease straight away; and straight talking when it is needed” (Legal 500)
- ‘She can read a judge and knows exactly how far to push a point.’ (Legal 500)
- “Concise in summarising her legal arguments and able to adapt her advocacy when questioned.” (Legal 500)
- “If you ever have difficult clients, she’s the type of person you could just sit down and talk to all day – very approachable, very much on the client’s level” (Chambers High Net Worth)
- “She provides the most practical and commercial advice and works really hard to understand where her clients need to be.” (Chambers UK)
- An all-round modern QC. Super-bright, incredibly hardworking, and a great courtroom advocate (Legal 500)
- Deals well with very emotional clients; she has a very good manner and listens carefully to what they have to say. (Chambers UK)
- Brie impresses clients with her commercial and robust advice. (Chambers UK)
- She has a hugely positive ‘can-do’ attitude and her written work is a lesson in clarity. (Legal 500)
- The go-to silk for heavyweight property work, particularly multi-million pound development contract disputes (Legal 500)
- A strong litigator who is particularly good at really contentious work (Chambers HNW)
- She’s incredibly pragmatic and works really hard to understand her clients and where they need to be (Chambers HNW)
- Tribunal Judge – FTT (Property Chamber) (Land Registration Division) (2005 to date)
- Professional Commissioner – Judicial Appointments Commission
- Chancery Bar Association
- Freehold (Board Member 2012 to date)
- London Common Law & Commercial Bar Association (Formerly Chair)
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Property Bar Association (Vice-Chair)
- LLM (Property Law) with Merit
- Mediator (Accredited by ADR Chambers UK June 2003)
Barrister of the Year, Modern Law Awards 2019
Real Estate Silk of the Year 2017, Chambers Bar Awards
– Inspirational Women in the Law 2018
Brie supports FreeBar, a forum focused on LGBT+ people and their allies working at and for the Bar. She is also a supporter of Stonewall and a board member of Freehold, the LGBT+ property network.