Our specialists deal with a range of disputes that concern the banking and financial services industry, including:
- Guarantees and loans; IRHPs; manipulation of LIBOR; currency exchange issues;
- Enforcement of mortgages and other forms of security (including title rectification);
- The structure and taking of security, and securitization and other funding structures;
- Asset finance;
- Consumer credit;
- Regulatory issues (including ESMA, FSMA, FCA and PRA regulation)
- Complaints to industry ombudsmen and applications to FSCS; and
- Professional negligence matters arising in or related to this area (including claims against solicitors, valuers, accountants, financial advisers and insurance brokers).
Many members are ranked in the legal directories in these specialist fields.
Our clients include banks, lenders and other financial services providers, customers/clients of such institutions, the professionals they engage and any insurers which may be involved.
Litigation and non-contentious work undertaken by members may be domestic or international, or a mixture of the two.
Members regularly contribute to relevant leading publications such as JIBFL and practitioner texts. For example, Brie Stevens-Hoare QC contributed to Cousins: the Law of Mortgages and James Hall contributed to Lender Claims (both Sweet & Maxwell).